The coping mechanism using cannabis is well documented. Some studies have been performed, and it is found that people who have PTSD can be treated with cannabis to carry out their day-to-day activities effortlessly. It is also documented in a journal called Drug and Alcohol Dependence, which shows the relationship between cannabis use and PTSD.
Now, as we have now motivated towards better understanding, we know about the therapeutic potential of medical cannabis. Now, researchers are trying to work to find that if PTSD can alleviate any symptoms associated with PTSD.
PTSD is post-traumatic stress disorder and is a psychiatric disorder caused when someone experienced a disturbing, life-threatening, or violent event, for example, natural disaster, sexual assault, sexual assault or such. Someone having PTSD will show any of the following three symptoms:
- Avoidance: Physically or emotionally avoiding the things that were associated with the traumatic event.
- Heightened arousal: Problems with focusing, sleeping, and mood swings.
- Re-experiencing: Realistic flashbacks of the event or nightmares.
How can Cannabis be Effective?
- Anxiety reduces: PTSD patients show signs of chronic anxiety. And as we know cannabis is effective in treating anxiety and cannabidiol (CBD) should be appreciated for that. It reduces stress, enhances mood, and fights anxiety.
- Nightmare stops: Cannabis use causes REM, or reduced rapid movement of eyes occurs when you are in your most vivid dream. So, it is believed that nightmares associated with PTSD can be tackled with cannabis.
- Insomnia: Use of cannabis give a person sound sleep. So, if a person has insomnia in PTSD, he or she will be benefitted by taking marijuana. In a lot of studies, it is seen that THC reduces sleep latency, and also improves sleep quality. So, it is a strong sign that while you have PTSD and having insomnia, cannabis can come to your rescue.
You can buy cannabis online, but be careful and buy them from reputed companies and licensed producers Canada.