Funeral insurance isn’t something one would like to think about. It is understandable that people like to avoid the topic of death, but the truth is, it is inevitable and something that we need to take care of while we are alive.
Buying a funeral insurance is not an easy task because firstly it can be emotionally draining to think about your own death, and secondly, there are so many things that you need to consider. One good way to go about is to do your research and to check the funeral insurance quotes online.
Things to Look For in a Family Funeral Plan
Here are some of the things that you need to look for in a family funeral plan. :
See Who Is Covered by the Funeral Plan
If you are the main member of the cover, you need to make sure that your immediate family members, which include your spouse and children, are covered by the policy. Some of the policies also cover extended family members like parents and in laws, if you list them as insured members.
How Easy Is The Claims Process?
You need to see the ease of claiming the process. Can the claims process be done on the phone? If the company has a nice support system, the consultant will tell you about the documentation that you need to submit and the forms that need to be filled. The consultant will guide you through the whole process.
How Soon Do You Receive Your Payout?
If you have submitted all the documentation, the payout would be received within a few days of submitting the claim and it being approved.
The Benefits You Will Get
You need to know that funerals are not easy to manage, which is why it makes sense to claim other benefits such as:
- Grocery Benefit- This is the amount that would assist you with the catering cost during the mourning process.
- Airtime Benefit- This would help you reach out to the people you want to invite to your funeral and make the necessary funeral arrangements.
- Doable Payouts- Some of the funeral plans play out double in the event that the head of the family or their spouse passes away.
Taking Care of the Tombstone
This is generally in the form of the memorial benefit that is used towards the tombstone. Some insurers pay it one year after the funeral, so make sure that you ask about it.
Tips to Help You Out
If you want to compare the funeral insurance plans online, here are some tips that will help you out:
- Doing your research and comparing the prices listed online.
- Reading the fine print and obtaining a copy.
- Inquiring what would happen if you die outside the funeral home’s service area.
- Finding out about refund and cancellation policies.